Wednesday 21 March 2018

Circles and dollies

I have done all nine of my circles.  I'm really pleased with how they've turned out.
  

I have drafted all the patterns myself (except for the swirley one, which is in Kathy Doughty's book, 'Making Quilts'.  That one would have been tricky to work out. Now, the question is, do I make these up as they are, or make some more?  I have more ideas, but do I want / need a bigger quilt?  This one has 12" finished blocks, which, with sashing will make it 48" plus borders.  So, probably 60".  If I made 16 blocks, it would be 64" in the centre, plus borders, 76".  Not tooooooo big.  And I already have a bonus block. 


I'll think about it. 


But I have been getting on with my dollies.  I think that will be enough for a child's quilt.  Now, how to sash?  Lots of thinking to do!