Friday 1 June 2018

Border issues

I have been doing quite a bit of sewing recently, but mainly sewing scraps and bits.  I love playing with colours and patterns and never tire of sitting at my sewing machine joining bits of fabric together!  I love making blocks, quite enjoy joining them together, then that's where the fun stops.  Borders are tedious, layering up is a chore, quilting is OK and binding is fine.  That's why I have sets of blocks or quilts needing borders.  It's also sometimes hard to choose the border, as it's important to get the right one.  So, when Julie told me she had some multicoloured batiks for sale, I jumped at the chance to add them to my stash.  And here is the first one bordering my rainbow quilt. 


Absolutely perfect!  Thank you, Julie.  Now just put it in the cupboard until I can muster the patience to layer it up! 


No comments: