Thursday 15 April 2021

A finish and a new direction.

 I get bored quite easily, and am always looking for new blocks and ideas to try.  I am running out of strips (I know it’s hardly credible, but it’s true!) so fished out one of the donated tops to finish. 


It’s a lovely set of tumblers cut out by Julie.  Julie has an Accuquilt die which cuts these beauties, and since they have all the relevant corners cut off, they go together like a dream.  It needed a small border, and I bound it in yellow for a bit of extra pizzazz.  

Then on to something else.  I saw a YouTube video by ‘Just get it done’ with 10 different scrap blocks, and decided to try this one.  Yet another take on 2.5” squares and strips. 


A centre 2.5” square, then two 6.5” x 2.5” strips and two 2.5” squares of another colour.  Looking good.  I cut a kit out of the scrap pinks ready for one of my willing volunteers to make up.  Then I cam across quite a few brown fabrics.  I often put them in the rummage box as they aren’t very child friendly colour-wise, but this time I decided they could be sophisticated for an older child. 


Not completely sure about it, but I’ll carry on and see how it turns out. 

No comments: