Friday 12 February 2021

Elephants

 I don’t buy many patterns, but when I saw an elephant quilt pattern on Pat Sloan’s blog, I decided to buy it.  You need to concentrate on it (especially if you want to get one facing the other way!) but I managed to get there in the end. 


There are quite a few pieces to cut, but I cut each block out and then laid all the pieces on my cutting mat so I didn’t get too muddled up.  The sewing is straightforward, and I’d definitely recommend it.  It’s a computer download, so you don’t have to wait for shipping etc.  I’ll certainly make it again, but I’ll plan my background from the start, and use it as the background in each block, rather than using a neutral as I have done, then adding sashing.  

If you haven’t looked at Pat Sloan’s blog before you’ve missed a treat.  It’s a bit in your face, but she has some fabulous ideas. 

No comments: