Friday 19 February 2021

More scraps

 I’m determined to keep using up these crumbs and strings, however, most scrap quilts assume you have more than just on strip or square of each fabric, and that’s not usually true of my scrap bin!  I remembered a while ago about a scrappy pineapple quilt I made.  That should be fun, I thought, so looked out the pattern.  It’s a crazymomquilts pattern, and her tutorial is fabulously clear.  She uses pairs of fabrics sewn opposite each other, but I couldn’t always find pieces which were long enough or duplicated, so I chose some pairs which were similar.  It works for me! But scrap quilts can sometimes look a bit, well, scrappy, so I decided to add a bit of order by using red centres for each pineapple. 


On second thoughts, the centres look a bit dominant, so I think I’ll mix it up a bit. 


That’s better.  Since they are all 9” finished, I’ll only need another five blocks to make enough for a Linus quilt, so I’m nearly done! 


Whoops!  I got distracted!  I found this scrappy design on filminthefridge and just had to try it out!  The strips are just stitched and flipped on a foundation, but have a 1” white strip on the diagonal.  How clever is that!  And, bonus, they only use one strip of any particular fabric.  Result! 

No comments: