Wednesday 24 February 2021

Scraps tamed!

 I have really enjoyed working with my scraps drawer(s) and I think I’ve made a good dent in them!  


This is all I have left!  Well, not strictly.  Jackie contacted me to express shock that I had confessed to throwing small scraps away, and volunteered to adopt some, so I took her a small (ish) bag round.  I also reassured her that it was only the very, very small bits I was abandoning, not anything significant.  

I also sorted some of the scraps into roughly long, medium and small.  I found that helpful when I was making this quilt. 


It’s just a stitch and flip on foundations, but with the addition of a white 1” strip placed diagonally on each square.  I think it makes it really look good, and since the individual squares finish at 7” the whole thing will finish at 42”, a great Linus size.  

I also made the last few blocks for the scrappy pineapple.  That’s a good scrap quilt, and it goes together really easily, with very little matching points.  This will need a small border to finish it. 


And last but not least, scrappy courthouse steps, a Bonnie Hunter pattern.  No wonder the scraps have gone down!  I’d like to make another stitch and flip, in a wave pattern.  We’ll see when I’ve layered and quilted these! 

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Happy to adopt the abandoned scraps. I like a challenge!!