Sunday 28 March 2021

More little bags of stuff

 I thought I had rooted out all the little bags of stuff, but it seems not.  I found a bag of little four-patches made from 1.5” squares, which would measure  2” finished!  I know they were the remains of something, but I can’t remember what!  I decided to use an idea from Cynthia Brunz of Scrap Mixology, to make squares in a square.  I joined them in fours, then cut a 6.5” square diagonally twice and bordered them. 

 
Then I squared them to 6.5” and put them into the 6.5” orphan bag ready to make into a Linus quilt.  I did the same thing with some left over flying geese. 


It’s a great way of bigging up something small.  Incidentally, I was looking at Pat Sloan’s blog and she has an interesting talk on scrap quilting, which is worth looking at.  She talks about not wanting to throw away bonus triangles, for example, because the fabric cost money, and the more you throw away, the more money you waste.  That’s true, but then she says, if you saw a bag of bonus triangles for sale, would you buy them, and if so, how much would you pay?  It’s a good point.  I suppose it’s up to each person (and each person’s mood) as to whether you can do it! 


No comments: