Wednesday, 3 June 2009

Gurgle!

Tonya has had a great idea for a collaborative quilt. She has asked people to contribute word blocks for a Hallowe'en quilt called 'Slither, eek, boo!' in different fonts. I rose to the challenge (some people would say I was foolish enough not to leave well alone!) and volunteered to make 'gurgle'. I had an idea about making it circular (those people who know about 'Jolly Phonics' actions will understand that!) but in the end, I chickened out and just made it rectangular. I tried out different fonts and eventually chose an old fashioned script where the 'g' was similar to the one in this font, and not like the ones we use in handwriting. Here are my letters ready to be made into a block.

It was quite difficult to make the letters conform to a plan and still be free formed (if that makes sense). usually, when I make letters, so long as they look pretty much like the letter they're supposed to be, I use them. This time, I wanted them to be a certain shape, and this involved quite a bi of unpicking! It was particularly difficult to get the two gs to look the same, without using any templates etc. The e was also quite tricky.

The word is now safely on its way to Tonya. Hope she can use it in her quilt.

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Gurgle turned out very well. I like how the letters are so rounded.

loulee said...

It looks just fine to me, and much better that anything I could have attempted.
Hmm, the word verification is spurgle!! What are the chances of that?

Millie said...

Those are awesome! I love them. You did a great job.

Lazy Gal Tonya said...

gorgeous gorgeous letters. I'm like you, I usually leave well enough alone and not worry about getting the letters just right. It's hard to balance that tendency with wanting to get something to look a certain way. you did an amazing job - thank you!

Notjustnat said...

Cool Gurgle, you must have neat hand writing too. I made the word HISS no where near as good as Gurgle. Enjoy

tiger said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,正妹牆,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站