It looks pretty dull, but the light is so poor today (more rain), that even though I put all the lights on in my bedroom it hasn't helped much. It's actually quite fresh and pretty and fairly pastel.
One thing I discovered about this pattern is a way to save fabric. The instructions tell you to cut out all the pieces for all the rose petals before you start. I rarely do that, as I'm always itching to get on with the sewing and hate cutting. This time I was glad, because since the petals are of decreasing sizeand you then cut them away at the back to reduce bulk, I realised that I only needed to cut the first two large petals, and could cut the smaller ones from the cut-away fabric! We'll beat this recession yet!