I didn't know what to do with it. Part of me thought it should be given to a museum or collector, but another part of me felt for the original maker, and wanted to complete this quilt and not have it consigned to a box, to be seen by very few people. I took it to a Quilter's Guild Area Day, where a member knowledgeable about old quilts said it was 'not of museum quality'. So, I wrapped it carefully in acid free tissue and put it on top of the wardrobe.
Last week I reached a decision. I have decided to complete the top using reproduction and sympathetic fabrics, remove the papers, scan the most interesting ones and print them onto fabric to be used as the backing of the quilt. This way, the quilt is completed, but the history is not lost.
This is the progress I have made on the top, so far. Looking good!