Wednesday, 6 April 2011

That's better!

Things have been very hectic around here and I don't seem to have had much time for sewing, although I have squeezed a little bit in! I got my unpicker out and redid the Barbara Brackman block (the HSTs were all too big, which was the main problem) so here are the next four blocks.

Interestingly, I went to the Bramble Patch, which is my nearest quilt shop, to add a couple of purple fat quarters to my stash for this project, and apart from the batiks there was literally only one purple fat quarter in the whole shop, and that was of grapes! I've obviously chosen a very unfashionable colour, which is just about par for the course!

I have been trying to make up the blocks sewn by the Botcheston WI, and have only the binding to sew on the last quilt. It was fun arranging the blocks into different patterns.

This one is a barn raising design. I've bound it in blue to make it fairly gender neutral.This one is gender neutral too, and it's amazing how the yellow border brings out all the yellow strips to make it very cheery.The last one is streak of lightening, in pink - this one's not gender neutral! I'm going to take the finished quilts to show the ladies who made the blocks, and then they will be off to Project Linus. Maybe now I can get on with some of my own sewing!


Contented Caroline said...

Loving all the quilts Lynda - the Project Linus ones as fabulous. I've just ordered some fantastic fabric on the bolt with hopefully some purples in there. They will be on my ebay page in the next couple of weeks!!!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I love purple too...but I know I haven't got much of it in my stash...funny how some colours don't multiply whether they are in your stash or at the shop :o)