Wednesday 26 November 2014

Oh no!

I have layered and tacked my 'Dear Jane' quilt and decided how to quilt it.  If time had been on my side I would have quilted each block individually ( or should that read might have quilted each block individually! ) but as things are, I have used an all over design.  Jane suggested Baptist Fans, which would have been ideal, but all the marking didn't appeal, so it was spirals instead.


I'm very pleased at how the lovely King Tut variegated thread doesn't overpower the lighter blocks, and no marking needed!  But then, disaster struck. 


Still the bottom corner to quilt, an empty bobbin, and only this paltry amount of thread left!  Luckily 'New Threads' mail order service is speedy and well priced.  I'm sure more thread will be here in a couple of days and I can still meet my deadline!




1 comment:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Ooops! Didn't even think to suggested 2 reels of cotton! Lesson learnt for both you and me! :o)