Thursday 25 January 2018

Have I been sewing, oh yes I have!

This is the time of year when I'm usually busy with panto sewing, and this year has been no exception. This year's offering is 'Beauty and the Beast' which has been quite a challenge.  Apart from the usual princes, witches, villagers, servants, dame and chorus, there has been a clock costume, a chest of drawers, a candelabra, a rug and a table.  That's apart from two French poodles, a girl who is a blacksmith and a 'masculine' dame's outfit.  Luckily we have a store of costumes, and so some just had to be found and fitted, but the furniture was a real headache.  


Here is one of the poodles - luckily more man than poodle. 


Here is the chest of drawers (I'm very pleased with how that turned out). 


Here is the candelabra (I'm not so pleased with that, but at least people can work out what it's supposed to be!  


The witch turned out well, although the skirt is borrowed. 


The clock is awesome, and was made by the talented Jess, who is currently at college and hoping to study costume design at uni.  Thank you Jess, and why didn't I ask you to do the rest! 






No comments: