Thursday 22 March 2018

Good ideas

My friend Gwyneth has had a new sewing room.  Instead of putting up with existing tables, cupboards and shelves as she has done for years, she's had a chance to decide exactly what she wants (including an ironing board slot!) and she was eager to share photos of the new space.  It looks lovely, and she's got so many useful features into it, including some very shallow drawers which she has used to store all her threads.  No more tangles for her!  But it got me thinking about my own tangles.  My threads lived in a set of plastic drawers on my sewing table, which was an old desk with two shallow drawers in it.  What if ......


Hey presto!  By using the three shallow plastic drawers and a couple of cut down cereal boxes I have storage for nearly all my reels and spools.  And I can see eactly what there is!  The only downside is that there are so many spools with a small amount of thread on them, or horrid colours.  Where do these come from?!  So I'm aiming to use up the last bits and the yukkey stuff for piecing, so my thread drawer will look even better. 


Here is the first empty spool.  Let's hope it's the first of many! 

No comments: