Wednesday 10 February 2021

Back.

 I haven’t blogged on here for a while.  Google decided not to update Blogger to enable new devices to use it.  I kept on my other blogs (Piecemakers and Project Linus) because they were only updated infrequently, but I got fed up with wrestling with Blogger for my own blog.  However, it seems that Google must have had a rethink (hooray) and suddenly things seem to work much like before!  So, for all those who’ve clambered for me to resume posting (well, two people at least) here we are!  

So, what have I been working on?  During lockdown, I have been gifted two stashes from deceased quilters.  This has been very generous of their families, but what a mess!  It seems I’m not the only one with little bags and boxes of collections of blocks, squares, bits and half things! 




Even some weird stuff.  What on earth is this?  Couldn’t decide if it was a sewing implement or part of a piece of furniture!  
So, since I abhor waste, I have been trying to put as much of the stuff as possible to use.


There was a bag full of HSTs of varying colours, so I made up these bears paw blocks.  The turquoise sashing gives them some oomph.  The squares were all 2.5”.  


There was also a large bag of 2” squares.  This is a bit small for me, but we’re all locked down, so what else did I have to do other than sew them into 16-patches and thence into a top.  Anything goes here, and the fabulous batik border is perfect.  
Two bags of c*** down, plenty to go! 


2 comments:

Jackie said...

Welcome back!! Looking forward to lots of inspiration from your many projects.

Unknown said...

Great, I've found you. Love the 2" squares. Lesley