Friday 23 April 2021

Slight diversion

 As Project Linus coordinator I was contacted this week by Rosie, who works with children with life limiting conditions.  She needs more quilts.  That’s no problem, but it made me think about these professionals who are prepared to go the extra mile to make their patients feel good.  So I decided to make her a small gift. 


 I love making these little pouches and find them really secular for all sorts of things.  Since her name is Rosie, I thought I would use some fabric with roses on it.  I looked in my pink drawer and saw this fabric, which is much more fun.  Fabrics all have their own memories, and I remember buying this in New York at ‘The City Quilter’ in 2004.  I was determined to visit this shop and persuaded my husband to fir it into our schedule first thing one day.  He wanted to leave it till the end of the day, but I was concerned that it would get squeezed out if we did that!  It’s happened before! 

If you’ve never made a bag like this, here is the pattern.  It’s very easy.  



No comments: