Sunday 5 April 2009

Lovely day

Yesterday we went to Simon and Hazel's wedding. They got married in Saint Mary's Church in Lutterworth and chose a beautiful, sunny day for the occasion. The ceremony was lovely - the rector, Mervyn is so full of enthusiasm, he really made a lovely event even more special. The music was supplied by the Lutterworth Town Band, who managed to do a fantastic job, even without Simon on trombone!
Here is the happy couple after the ceremony

here they are not really trying to dodge the confetti,

and here are DH, DD and myself in our wedding finery, standing in the churchyard just before we head off to the reception!

4 comments:

Contented Caroline said...

Glad you had a good day and congrats to Hazel and Simon - those photo's got me excited about my own wedding - only 9 weeks left!!

DD said...

This picture makes me look an odd shape... I'm really a very normal shape, I promise.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Don't you all clean up well ;o)

You couldn't have picked better weather...what a lovely day.

black bear cabin said...

what a wonderful afternoon....and i LOVE your daughters skirt!!! Did she make it?