Tuesday 19 May 2009

Dogs labelled!

I have finished labelling my dogs in the Dog Show. the weather here has been unseasonally chilly, so a bit of hand sewing on a lap quilt has been perfect for sitting in front of the tv of an evening. Here's the whole quilt.

You can just about see the labels above each dog.


Here is Squiggledog, whose fur grows into dots and squiggles of a lighter shade, especially on his legs. He has a slightly nervous disposition, and is suitable for elderly or mature owners.
This is a Japanese breed, Chrysant, whose fur is in lovely shades of orange, red or purple, with lighter patches, rather remoniscent of the petals of a flower. Chrysant is a very refined dog, whose owners need to treat her with the love and attention she demands.
Primarydog has a coat of many colours, but mainly blue, yellow and red (with occasional green patches). His temperament is very lively and bouncy, and he's a perfect dog for a household with small children.This dog has two ears, but they look as if they're not always secured to her head! She has an impetuous nature, and loves nothing better than racing around the countryside, investigating smells, sights, and especially sounds!

This breed is extremely rare, but very sought-after by the retro crowd. Her fur is white with very distinctive, bright pink polka dots on it. She is an old-fashioned dog, who likes nothing better than to stretch out in front of a roaring fire.

Quite how this entrant managed to slink past the judges, I don't know, as it's clearly a cat!

And last, but not least is the dog of my childhood - Dinky. A sweet, loving dog, who loves seaside holidays, travelling in cars, and rolling about with small children. I couldn't resist including her in the show.

Now for the quilting!

10 comments:

loulee said...

Such a fun quilt. You're right about the weather, we've been snuggled up under quilts here too. I hope it warms up again soon.

Contented Caroline said...

Wonderful Lynda, just wonderful. I think I may be falling for Losteardog, I could give him a cosy home if he needs one with a barking mad Jack Russell who is currently suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. He now stares at the ceiling in hopes of barking at spiders and flies!!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Such creativity! I love your imagination and the stories for each of these dogs...what fun!

Nancy said...

I like all the dogs, but love Dinky Dog best! He reminded me of my childhood dogs too.

Tonya Ricucci said...

fabulous. you've added such character to this quilt. Lost Ear Dog has definitely captured my heart.

Cher said...

what entertaining names...and descriptions..this is a wonderful quilt and so delightful

Kim said...

How much fun did you have with this!
Cute cute cute.......
you have a great imagination...I'm hoping its contagious just by visiting your blog.
Happy Sewing

Mama Spark said...

I love this quilt! What a fabulous idea!! I especially like the cat in the midst of all the dogs. FABULOUS!

Sharon said...

What a great, happy quilt! I love your names and stories for each of the dogs (and cat). I think my favorite is Losteardog, but a close second is Squiggledog. What fun!

Millie said...

This quilt is absolutely divine! The dogs are great, their names are fun, but your stories push this over the top. Just Wonderful!