I had started them as borders to a Baltimore quilt, but got so fed up with them (it's all needleturned) that I gave up and finished the quilt as it was! Hating waste, I just put these into my UFO box and forgot about them. I suddenly realised that they would make the foundation of a great strippy quilt. I decided to make some flying geese for the other strips, and used a pattern from 'Schnibbles times 2' to make some nice 8" ones. Then I put it together.
There is too much cream here, and it doesn't go at all well. Back to the drawing board - or to the quilt shop, actually! I looked for a nice striped fabric, as I thought that would be a quick solution. I managed to find the perfect fabric in the sale for £3 a yard.
With the addition of a few flowers in pinks and purples I'm much happier with it. And I have had a great idea for finishing it. Well, not so much had an idea, but been inspired by Barb's idea. She had made a lovely doll's quilt, in a strippy design, and had used the same striped fabric for the top and bottom of the quilt as for the strips. Have a look at it - it looks great. I have some more flowers to add to the design, but feel as if I'm now cooking with gas!
The only problem now, is that I have three strips of flying geese in my UFO box, which is one more strip than I had before!