Tuesday 4 October 2011

The attention span of a goldfish!

Now my lovely holiday is over (and all the resultant washing done!) I have had a look in my UFO drawer. It's so stuffed full of tops and part tops that I have decided to set myself a challenge to finish at least 4 quilts this month.
So what is the first sewing I have done? To start a new project!

Jo over at Jo's Country Junction is starting a Crumb Quilt Along, and when I saw the gorgeous blocks she is making, I couldn't resist pulling pieces out of my strips and crumb bins.

Jo's great idea is to start with a piece of solid colour (she chose red, I chose blue) and use this to tie the quilt together. All the blocks are free-pieced (one of my favourite kinds of piecing!) and the first few are Flying Geese with strips added. Here are my first five blocks. I'm really pleased with them and can hardly wait for the next set of instructions!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Ohh that is looking good, I have a bag of batik triangles I could not part with and they would work well with this block but I need another project like I need a hole in the head!