Tuesday 28 May 2013

May Bank Holiday

It's been a funny Bank Holiday here, as DH has been in hospital for a major operation.  Luckily all went well, and he's now back at home and recuperating, but at the time it was very stressful.  I needed some distraction, and where better to find it than at the sewing machine?  I needed something fairly mindless, which would occupy my mind but not tax it, so I decided to put some quilts together.  First was this jelly roll quilt which I need for a teaching sample soon.
 
 
I love the border made of bonus triangles, and just quilted it in the ditch to emphasize the design.  I was going to do some meander in the neutral areas, but decided against it.  (You get a finish quicker that way!)
Next was a Linus orphan block quilt.  Green and purple can't fail.

 
Again some in the ditch quilting, and meander in the strippy border.  And then a Linus scrap quilt.

 
For a change I quilted this in the ditch!  I think it's really made the pinwheels pop. 
Now DH is back home, I think I will leave the sewing machine to recover, and do some hand piecing.  This is Kansas Sunflower, which I'm making by the American method.

 
The colours aren't very true to life, but I think it'll look ace!

2 comments:

loulee said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your DH.
Love the quilts, especially the Jelly roll one.

Sheilaf said...

I love the Jelly Roll Quilt too, lovely colours. All the best to DH for a full and speedy recovery