Tuesday 21 May 2013

Shopping

So, what shopping did I do at Malvern?  I'm not one of those people who can go to a quilt show and just look at the quilts, but I have to admit, I only bought what I needed (well, nearly!)
 
 
I needed threads, so bought some nice cotton thread from Empress Mills.  I also treated myself to a chalk marker, as while I'm happy with my tailor's chalk and pencil, the tailor's chalk isn't good for precise lines!  A couple of half metres of Kaffe Fassett fabric - I find it ideal for livening up scrap quilts, string quilts in particular - some typewriter and camera fabric (I didn't have any of that in my stash, so it certainly was needed!) and some birds.  A 'Piece O'Cake' book which was reduced to half price (another 'needed' purchase) and some Heat and Bond.  I don't usually buy Heat and Bond, as I'm a needleturn girl, but I saw this fabulous pattern, and just couldn't resist it! 
 
 
It's by 'Don't Look Now' and I think it's so much fun!
 
 
So much fun that I couldn't resist making some robots of my own!   I won't recreate the quilt, but a few of these little beauties will really jazz up a Linus quilt for a young boy.  There are five different designs, so I'm just off to make the rest!

No comments: