I have been doing some more hand piecing - American method. I find it quite relaxing, and pretty accurate. I have finished the first of the blocks from Kathy Doughty's book, and while not as flat as a pancake, it's flat enough!
I've started another, and have joined about a quarter of the pieces so far. I was cutting pieces a few at a time, when I suddenly realised that the green fabric was rapidly being used up. I quickly drew out all the shapes, and found I was one short! A rummage round in my scrap bins didn't yield anything, so it was down to desperation piecing!
I looked in my waste bin and joined together the largest pieces of green I could find.
Here is the result. Phew - just enough!