I have had quite a bit of chance for sewing this week (DH has been to 2 football matches, so I've had extra 'me' time!). As usual, I have been doing various different things.
I've got the main part of my Grand Illusion together.
I have some of the border components sewn together, but am thinking I might have a plain border instead. I'll probably go with the yellow inner border, then turquoise? We'll see.
Next are my challenge group blocks for this year. The theme is 'one block quilts'. Not a good one for me, as I get bored so easily. So when I saw that Barnara Brackman was doing a challenge called 'Stars in a time warp' using the same sawtoothed star block, but making it a masterclass in the history of fabric, I decided to do that! There is a different fabric theme each week.
First there was Turkey red. The star at the bottom is my historical one, with the one at the top a modern one. I've decided to make two quilts, using the same themes each week.
Next was Prussian blue. I'm not sure I nailed this one, as I find it difficult to see the difference between Prussian and indigo blues. Ah well, it's a journey.
Next is shirtings, and the one on the left is made from one of DS's old shirts! The one on the right is the historical one. I'm really enjoying these challenges.
I've also been busy layering and quilting Linus quilts. We had a very successful sewing session at Lutterworth Piecemakers, which has brought lots of tops out to be bordered and finished.
Here is a scrappy rail fence with binding cut ready.
And here is another quilt all ready for binding. After delivering a massive 80 quilts for fostered children, we need to replenish the stock slightly! Happy sewing.