Sunday 25 June 2017

Donations

As Leicestershire coordinator for Project Linus, I am hugely grateful for the donations which I regularly receive.  These are quilts, of course, but also fabric, UFOs and blocks.  Now, why do people donate stuff?  
Firstly, because they're altruistic and kind.  Secondly because it's something they don't want.  Why don't they want it?  Perhaps they've got tired of it and run out of steam, or maybe it's not turned out as they'd hoped.  Or just possibly it's so horrible they just want to clear it out!  Whatever the reasons, I am always delighted to receive any donations, and making them into gorgeous quilts. 


Take a recent donation.  Lots of blocks already quilted and more blocks ready to go, with backing fabric included!  Super. 


But then, maybe the reason they were donated, they are different sizes - half an inch is quite a bit when the blocks have already been quilted!  I could trim some, but the design would make it pretty obvious.  Luckily there are lots of blocks, so I'll make two sets of smaller ones and larger ones, and make more than one quilt!  

Another problem is that that the backing hasn't quite covered the wadding on some blocks, as seen here.  That's a problem I often have myself as I'm such a skinflint and rarely leave much of a border on my wadding and backing.  I can easily handstitch a strip on there and all will be well. 
I've chosen some lovely bright peach smashing, so the quilt should be finished in no time!



No comments: