If I used half a jelly roll, there would be half the number of strips, so if I just joined till there were eight strips sewn, it would work out! So, I sewed and sewed and this is what I ended up with.
The strips were mainly blue and gold, and I added in some Viking fabric just to cheer it up a bit. With the centre square (which I cut to 9" in case you fancy a go) and 25" slices, I ended up with something more than acceptable!
Not the prettiest of quilts, but I think someone who likes blue and Vikings will be pleased to snuggle up with this! It finishes at 42" which is perfect for a Linus quilt. Now I need to get an Accuquilt 2.5" cutter and make myself some more jelly rolls!