Sunday, 16 July 2017

Catching up

JI don't work well under pressure, and like to be ahead of the game if I can.  So I looked in my sewing room and took a deep breath - need to get some projects out of the way.  First was a few block components I made at Rocheberie Schoolhouse Quilters.  I demonstrated the use of the Easy Angle ruler for making HSTs and flying geese, and had a few of each ready to assemble. 


Not a big deal, but I hate waste and at least now these blocks can be put away in the 8.5" bag ready for their appearance in a Linus quilt at some time. For anyone not familiar with this ruler, I can thoroughly recommend it.  It helps to make HSTs and flying geese that are very accurate, and using less fabric than the usual method.  You can buy it on Amazon for just over £7 at the moment.  Bargain! 


Then I got to work on my Challenge group blocks from Pat Sloans Garden Mystery.  I have till September to make these, but they only have to be made once, and here they are!  I love the one on the left, but maybe it's my fabric choices. 


Then it's on to my Sarah Fielke BOM for this month, Dresden plate.  This was very tedious to cut out (and I have three more!) but very easy to sew.  Just need to appliqué now, which is my favourite part! 




1 comment:

Ellen Thompson said...

I love the orange!