Friday 25 August 2017

Class finish

I've layered up, quilted and bound my class quilt for this year.  The reason it's not been done before this is that I thought people might like to see the back of the work, especially for the appliqué centre. 


It's inspired by old quilts in Sarah Fielke's book, 'Old quilts, new life' and I've called it 'Heirloom'. I'm really pleased with it, and love the setting.  I started by choosing mainly Baltimore appliqué colours, red, green, yellow, and added a bit of turquoise and pink along the way!  The date is 2016 because that was the year in which I made the top.  If I'd been sensible, I'd have bought the border fabric first and chosen the colours from that, but I was lucky to find this border fabric in my LQS and I think it's a good choice, even if it does contain purple! 


I've also been making more pineapple blocks.  Carole gave me a bag of strips and scraps which have been perfect for this project. 


And here is a bit of progress on my Down the Rabbit Hole quilt.  I took a long time to decide on my sunflower fabrics, but now I just need to get on with them! 




2 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Such a beautiful finish! Love the colours and that border fabric is a perfect match!

Melody A. said...

it is Gorgeous!! such beautiful work. take care from Iowa