Thursday 1 February 2018

Slippy rulers

Most of my quilting rulers are from Creative Grids, and have little nonslip dots on the back of them, to make them stable when cutting out fabric shapes.  

I hadn't actually appreciated that as much as I should have, till I used my EZ Triangle ruler.  This is a great ruler for making HSTs and flying geese etc, but occasionally it slips a bit and the shapes aren't completely accurate.  Now, I need all the help I can get with accuracy, so if my shapes haven't been cut accurately, I'm on a loser!  I was sure there must be a solution to this problem, and found that there are indeed products you can buy to do this job.  But I didn't want a product I can buy, I wanted an instant fix!  And then I found a tip using surgical tape.  I have micropore tape in my first aid box, so wondered if that would do the job.  


And the answer is yes!  I put two pieces on there as you flip the ruler, and it's fabulous!  Now here's hoping it'll make my quilts more accurate (don't hold your breath!) 

No comments: