Friday 13 November 2009

Stash-busting

Since I had to face the reality of the size of my stash (very large), I have decided to try and use the fabric which I already have, rather than buy more. (I can hear the raucous laughter already!) Still, I've made a start, as when I was looking through my Christmas fabrics to complete my 'Christmas Lights' quilt, I came across several printed panels. Why on earth did I buy them, and what on earth was I going to do with them? Then I remembered that my Mum is having a charity Christmas Fair next week, and decided to make them up for her to sell!

This is the first one - wall-hanging size. It was quite fun to make up, and I embellished it with sequins and buttons.


Here is another which will be a table centre or something. I think it needs a small inner border of navy or yellow. I'm just off to see what I have which will fill the bill!

2 comments:

Contented Caroline said...

Lovely Lynda - I think most people would eventually own up to having bought a panel or two - I am no exception and mine, probably like yours, is right at the bottom of the stash!

black bear cabin said...

ive received a few panels as gifts with other bundles of fabric, but have never really worked with them. yours sure came out cute though :) i like the idea of dressing it up with buttons and sequins....perhaps ill try that with mine.