Sunday 4 March 2012

Number 8

Judy, over at Patchwork Times, has pulled this month's UFO number out of her hat and it's number 8. This is my Mile a Minute top which is waiting for a border. Since I usually put a blue or red border on my MAM quilts, I have decided to use a shocking pink!

So, true to form, I'm not working on that, but have started something new. Well, we heard about the birth of baby Maellie, the grandaughter of an old friend who lives in Paris, and I decided to make her a quilt. I had had a panel for Christmas so got it out. It was all pastel and fairies, fine for a baby, but with 15 pictures, not very useful. Why, oh why, do manufacturers make panels with such strange numbers of blocks? If it's not 6, it's 8 or 15! So I made a nice M to make it up to 16.


I've sashed the blocks with pale green and used a lilac as a cornerstone. I plan another narrow green border then a wider pale blue border. I don't have a suitable pale blue in my stash so it looks as if I'll have to go shopping. Shame! It's a bit of a change for me to be working in pastels, but with the thoughts of the bright pink-bordered MAM quilt in the offing, I think I'll be able to manage!

1 comment:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

All looks great...can't wait to see your MAM with a shocking pink border!