Sunday, 16 December 2012

Up to date -then onwards and upwards

Bonnie Hunter was right, 'Easy Street' is not as difficult as the last two mysteries, and the numbers seem a bit more manageable too - so far!  The next part was a shaded four-patch, and this time, instead of the interminable triangles, I decided to use this method.  You cut the black and white fabric into rectangles, not squares and then cut to give two half nine-patches.  I can't remember the measurements, but leave a comment if you would like them.
Here are the completed blocks, and looking very good too.

So, while I waited for the next part, I had to do something, right?  I dug out my Canuk Swap.  this was a swap with some Canadian quilters which didn't really go as planned.  The idea was to make a central block, and then for each participant to make blocks of the same total area, but not the same dimensions.  One of those 'it seemed like a good idea at the time' things, which didn't work out in practice.  here is my central block, with the one set of flying geese blocks which were any use.  

Then I had four each of these blocks,

three each of these,

and two of these.  Really helpful!  After my success with being uo to date with 'Easy Street', I decided
 to make something of these random elements, to deal with yet another PIG!

Bonnie has now posted the next set of instructions, so I'll get on with those before I reveal my solution!

1 comment:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What a cliffhanger! I want to know what you did to your Canuck blocks!!!