Friday 26 April 2013

Lots of Linus

Recently I have been trying to finish some donated Linus tops.  It seems that people love piecing, but not the layering up and quilting!  Andrea gave me several lovely cot quilts which she had donated complete with wadding and backing, and they were just lounging in the Linus box, and feeling rather neglected.  I finally took pity on them, quilted them (mainly meander) and passed them to Paula for binding.  Paula is very sensible, and says I must be firm, and the next time anyone offers me any tops for Linus, say, "I'm sorry, but I'm not accepting tops until I've managed to finish the ones I already have.  But I can let you have the wadding and backing to finish them yourself."  What do you think the chances are that I'll be able to carry this plan out?! 
Meanwhile, I've been enjoying piecing myself.  Here are some scrappy pinwheels, which have made a small dent in my 2.5" box, and I will be quilting this top soon.
 
 
And then, because I get bored if I only have one thing on the go, I've started Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Trips.  I've already made her Scrappy Bargello, and this is the same technique, but only 6 strips at a time.

 
You can see the effect it will make more clearly here.  Another raid on the 2.5" box.  Not that you'd notice, as there is still plenty in the box!

 
On Wednesday Paula and I had a lovely morning out in Leamington.  Sunflower Fabrics had a pop-up shop in The Townhouse pub, so we had a run out.  We met Maggie (and her daughter)  and spent a while admiring Maggie's gorgeous designs and delectable fabrics.  I was tempted by the Liberty fabrics, but in the end went for something a bit more me. 

 
How's this for hot pink? Perfect!

1 comment:

sewkalico said...

Love your new fabrics. You do a great job for Linus well done to you!