Here are the MAM blocks I cut up recently, made into a top. The big triangles are actually purple, not blue, and when the quilt has been bound in the same purple it will look great. I have used up odd orphan blocks - can you see the wonky yellow star towards the bottom of the centre square, and a window left over from DD's wedding quilt in the middle of the bottom border? I love using up bits and pieces, and I think it adds interest to the quilt.
When this top was finished, I must have had a bit of a brain storm as I've been working with pastels! A friend is expecting twins fairly soon, and I thought I'd better get on with a couple of quilts. For some reason, I decided to use a group of pastel fabrics to make two quilts with different designs. We don't yet know the sexes of the twins, so the colour scheme is gender-neutral.
I have been influenced by Pam Rocco's article on Medallion quilts in the current issue of 'Quilter's Newsletter', and decided to make these four Scrappy Trip blocks into a cot quilt by adding some borders. I got the idea of using a cream strip in the middle of each block from my friend Chris, and I think it unites the blocks nicely.
This is another Pam Rocco design which I have scaled down. Again I will be adding a gender-neutral border, a four patch border and a final border. Looks a bit dreary here, but I think it will be better when the borders are on.
I don't think that pastels will be my abiding love, but I had one more project to attempt. My local quilt group are having a challenge to make some 12" blocks, one with lines on it, one with squares, one with triangles and the last one with circles. It's probably an art quilt project, but I've decided to go traditional. I'm making two of each block, and will arrange them in a nine-patch (I know, I'll need a central block!). This will then make a nice baby quilt for Project Linus. Here are my lines (or strings) in a Lemoyne Star. My 'Y' seams don't get any better, but I suppose practice will eventually make perfect!