I managed to make the final Blind Man's Fancy block. I've only made nine blocks, (which was more than enough for me) while the original pattern had sixteen! Some people have real stamina! Then I chose some fabric for the sashing.
I'm not altogether happy with it, as I think it would have been better if the sashing had been darker. The problem was, that since the blocks are all scrappy, with darks and lights in different positions in each block, both the light and the dark fabrics didn't work with all the blocks. As you can see, I have started to put a flying geese border on it, and then there will be another (plain) border to finish it off. I think the flying geese will give it some definition.I've also been gradually assembling my applique block. Only a few more leaves and some stars to go, and then I can tackle the last block. The only problem then is all the head scratching which will go on while I try to decide how to put them together! It's a hard life!