Wednesday 17 February 2010

Stars

I know I should be getting on with my current projects, but I suddenly realised I had to take two 12" stars to tonight's 'Piecemakers' meeting, and I hadn't even thought about them! The group has decided to make a charity quilt for the Leicestershire and Rutland Air Ambulance, with the theme of stars. Each participant is to make two different stars in autumnal colours (and Ruth and I will have the challenge of putting them together.)

I know I said I wouldn't be making any more of Carol Doak's paper pieced stars, but they are so gorgeous, so here we are. All the points don't meet perfectly, but it looks pretty good.
Then I decided to make something a little less challenging - the Barbara Fretchie star.

It's made from half square triangles, and the only problem is getting all the triangles going the right way.
It took DD's eagle eye to point out that I had failed at getting the pieces in the right places! Why do they insist on jumping around when you're not looking?

That's better. Simple, yet effective. Can't wait to see the others tonight.

3 comments:

Janet said...

I love your choice of stars. Well done. My church group also put a star quilt together. With so many different size and style of stars, it was a challenge to include all, good and not so good.

Contented Caroline said...

Lovely Lynda - you would never think that those points don't meet, they look perfect.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

That's what I wanted to ask you!! How the stars were coming along?...love that top one...very pretty..and no set in seams!