Tuesday 30 July 2013

Decisions

It's rare I follow a pattern - well, not completely - but this design from 'Material Obsession' is an exception.  Well, except for the fact that I reduced the border squares by one row!  That was a very easy decision.  It's for my Mum to fund raise for her Townswomen's Guild and I think it'll be very suitable. 
 
 
This one is a bit trickier.  I love the centre, and I love the on-point, but needed help deciding how to fill in the sides.

 
I have used a few orphan blocks to help with the decision.  I orginally thought baskets, but that's obviously a rubbish idea!  Liz suggested New York Beauties which I think is a possible, although not in those colours!  Jane thought more applique, but I don't think that'll work.  I like the Lemoyne Star though, and think it definitely needs to be something semi-circular.  New York Beauties, Lemoyne Stars and Dresden Plates are all in the frame.  (Are there any more blocks with place names which can be added to the list?!)

2 comments:

Nik said...

decreasing rows of hexagons - either scrappy style all shades of one colour or rainbow stripes of colour....

Liz said...

Still love the New York beauty idea but sadly your existing blocks are not quite right, bigger simpler and brighter is what you need IMHO X