Monday, 31 July 2017


I have just finished the current part of my Sarah Fielke BOM.  Apart from cutting all the Dresden petals, which seemed interminable, and awkward, as they couldn't be completely rotary cut, it was quite straightforward. 

Here it is ready for the next instalment.  I'm pleased with it so far, although I'm a bit concerned at how big it's going to be!  It'll be tricky to quilt, but then, I'll worry about that later. 
Meanwhile, I've been trying to use up the scraps!  It's a constant task!  I enjoyed making the Bonnie Hunter design with 2" scraps, and thought it might be possible to make it with 2.5" scraps. 

The answer is yes!  However, since the central nine patch finishes at 6", the trapezium fabric needs to be 26" long.  Not many 26" scraps in the box!  So, I have cut some strips from yardage, and since the blocks are big (finish at 10") chosen interesting fabrics for that part.  Just 16 blocks will make a great quilt, and make a bit of an impression on the 2.5" bin, hopefully! 



loulee said...

Love your BOM quilt. So bright and cheerful
Of course all your scrap quilts have their own bright moments too.

Frog Quilter said...

Love the Sara Fielk top. So pretty!