Tuesday 19 December 2017

Coming clean

I have been making some kiss clasp bags recently, but they were for a Christmas surprise workshop, so I couldn't share them.  I don't remember ever seeing anyone make one of these, although there are plenty of instruction videos on YouTube. 


Here is bag number one.  It's a glue in frame and it's about 4" wide. 


Here is the inside (made from scraps, well, it is just a prototype!) .  Makes a good bag. 


And here is the final product.  This one is 4" as well, but since the top is curved, it makes it less roomy inside.  It's a sew in frame.  I like both methods, although they're both rather fiddly.  On balance, if you can handle glue, the stick in one was easier I think. I was aided by the talented Di, and she thought the sew in frame was best, so that's what we went with. 


It certainly seemed to absorb the attendees!  I'll look forward to seeing some finished bags in the new year. 




No comments: