Monday, 17 June 2013


Things have been quieter on the sewing front as after the removal of his catheter we ended up back at the hospital as DH had contracted an infection.  This set him back, and meant for some more quiet days, but thank goodness he's on the mend and moving forward.  I have managed to finish the teal quilt with horses.  Here is the finished quilt,
here is a close up of the feather quilting design,

and here is the happy recipient, Rebecca, showing both front and back of the quilt.  Believe me, the blue bats on the backing are actually horses!  Rebecca was delighted with the colour, the horses and the hearts (can't blame her if she thought the feathers were hearts!)  It was a pleasure to make the quilt, and even more pleasure to know it has found a good home!

I have made other finishes, like this Linus windmill quilt,

and this jelly roll quilt - I love clever designs, and this one has bonus triangles as the border.

And here is my collection of Kansas sunflowers.  They are lovely hand piecing projects, and while DH is under the weather, I'll keep making them! 

Happy sewing!


audrey said...

Great hand piecing blocks. I want to try something similar to that for my next hand piecing project.:)

Liz said...

Those look like great feathers to me Lynda glad your husband is recovering now.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Sorry to hear about DH's set back...hope he is on the mend soon!