Friday 19 March 2010

Photos on quilts

This year my challenge group's theme is 'Flora'. Each meeting will be a challenge to try a new technique and make something with it. I have decided to make a seies of small quilts representing different times of the year, which I can hang in my kitchen. The first task was to print some photos onto fabric and use them in some way. I have printed photos before, but have never been really successful at incorporating them into quilts.


I decided to print some pictures of crocuses which I found on the internet. Some were purple and some yellow.
They were different sizes, but I managed to get them to play together quite well by bordering the purple ones with yellow and the yellow ones with purple.

Then sashing it all with green.

A piano keys border of yellow and purple, some lilac binding and here it is on my kitchen wall! Very suitable for this time of year!

6 comments:

Contented Caroline said...

Looks lovely and cheerful Lynda - what medium did you use for printing? I need to have a go at this.

loulee said...

That is perfect, says spring beautifully. Now if only Spring would actually arrive.

black bear cabin said...

im with loulee...if only spring would arrive...we are watching it snow right now :)
But your quilt is lovely and colorful...and helps me dream of spring!

chris said...

Fabulous quilt Lynda - i'm glad that you like what you made with the technique. I'm all sorted for the next challenge, just waiting for school to break up so i can get some time.

Barb said...

Lovely -
very sweet and spring like, which we can all use around here!
congratulations on a lovely new quilt -

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks great! Still trying to get my head around the next technique...look forward to seeing what you come up with.