Wednesday, 10 March 2010

Success!

I have completed the feathered star quilt! It must be one of the quickest quilts I've ever done. I know the feathered star was ready to go, but still, a completed and labelled quilt in five days is pretty good going!

Here is the completed quilt - looking good, though I say so myself!


The quilting was mainly in the ditch, with a little echo quilting round the big white shapes, with one of my favourites (meander with stars) in the border. I have sent the quilt on its way, and hope the proud grandma will appreciate it.

Taalking of appreciating someone's kindness, I have been awarded a Beautiful Blogger Award! Caroline, over at Serendipity Quilts has given it to me! Thank you so much. Caroline. I'm really touched. I would like to spread the love by awarding this to Loulee, over at Manxgirl and Lisa-Jo at Blackbear Cabin. Both ladies have beautiful blogs, which just reflect their beautiful personalities! (And I'm actually being serious here.)

8 comments:

Contented Caroline said...

That is one stunning quilt Lynda - those colours together are so calming. Well done.

loulee said...

I adore blue and white quilts, no matter what the design. They just look so clean and fresh. Even with the star already made, that is a quick finish.
An award? for me? Thank you. :-)

Millie said...

Looks fabulous! Awesome! Now reward yourself with some chocolate or your treat of choice!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks wonderful! A quick finish indeed!

black bear cabin said...

i LOVE that little quilt! the quilting on it is adorable too :)
As for the Beautiful Blogger award...thank you very much!!! Its always nice to know people enjoy stopping by and sharing in my simple life. hugs~

Susan said...

WOW.... That is fabulous. Great work..........

Suzanne said...

Proud Grandma certainly appreciates the beautiful quilt for Joshua. I can't thank you enough Lynda and am delighted and very touched that you used your feathered star!

daniel said...

When The popular comment layout is common, so it is easily recognized scanning to post a comment. If the comment section is in a different format, then I am going to spend more time trying to decipher what everything means.

online education