Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Nearly there

The last week has been a bit manic, with panto costumes to finish. Since I last posted, I've made five knight's tunics and dyed them grey, sourced boot covers, crowns and sequins, collected walk-down costumes from the hire shop, added hooks and eyes for security, press studs for modesty, lowered necklines, highered hems and sewn up splits. Oh, and fetched bloomers, stripey socks, stuffed fish and sausages from our store.

But yesterday I found time to border and layer my first challenge UFO!

The green border isn't quite as lurid as that, and I'm very pleased with it. I've already started quilting it, and will have to get a move on if I'm to finish it before the end of the month. I can't work on it tonight as it's dress rehearsal, but hope to sneak a bit of time tomorrow!

1 comment:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I can vouch for you that the green is a perfect match! Look forward to seeing the finished quilt.